Looking for some fun ideas for your child’s next birthday party? This free printable birthday scavenger hunt is a super fun party game for kids!
What is a Birthday Scavenger Hunt?
A scavenger hunt could be a set of clues that help you find a hidden item/s. Or, it can be a list of items that you have to look for and find.
This particular birthday scavenger hunt consists of a list of party items.
It’s a scavenger hunt where party-goers can participate to collect items from a list that is given to each child who wants to play.
Instead of having to look for hidden items, the object of the game is to be the first kid to collect everything on the list.
I’m sure that this birthday party game will be a fun and exciting addition to your child’s birthday party!
Kids will love running around the room, collecting all of the things, and racing to win a prize!
RELATED: Nature Scavenger Hunt for Kids
How do you plan a Birthday Scavenger Hunt?
To make this game easy peasy…
the scavenger hunt list consists of items that you can easily find at a birthday party. The party host (or hostess ??♀️) can make sure that these items are part of the celebration before the party date.
One of the items on the list is birthday cake so I would say that the best time to play this party game is after you sing happy birthday and cut the cake.
This is the time when most birthday parties are coming to an end but with this scavenger hunt game, there will still be fun to be had!
As an idea?; if the kids are on the younger side (or if you’d like everyone to win a prize), you can give out a small prize to every participant and a big prize to the winner.
Then all of the players can go home excited to have won something!
When my kids were younger, I used to give all of them a small gift on their sibling’s birthday. I did this so that none of them would feel left out.
Of course, I made sure that doing this didn’t take away from the birthday kid feeling special on their special day.
I always try to make sure that all of my kids feel like they are included and part of everything that we do and celebrate as a family.
I think that this has taught my kids how to share and be more generous towards one another.
3 of my kids (out of 7) are already grown and living on their own but they still get an Easter basket, Valentine’s day gift bag, Christmas stocking, etc. They get all the things the little ones get.
So if you’re anything like me and worry about anyone feeling left out, having a small participation prize for each kid is a great way to make everyone happy!
How do you make a Birthday Scavenger Hunt fun?
- Print the free Birthday Scavenger Hunt (find it below).
- Make sure you have all of the items from the scavenger hunt list at the party.
- Get the kids excited about the scavenger hunt by telling them about it ahead of time. Don’t forget to mention the prize!
- When it’s time, give all the kids who are playing a copy of the scavenger hunt list and bag or box to hold the items they collect.
- Make sure to explain the rules so that the children are not confused and everyone has a fair chance to win.
- Pair younger kids with an older sibling or an adult to help them collect the items.
- The first one to collect all of the items and turn them in is the winner!
- Give the winner a prize! YAY!
Free Printable Birthday Scavenger Hunt
You can get access to this free printable birthday game below. Just enter your email and the printable will be in your inbox within minutes.
I have included 2 different color combinations for boys and girls. It’s the same game with just a few decorative changes. You can grab both below!
MORE BIRTHDAY FREEBIES!
And if you want more birthday freebies, you’ll be excited to know that there are 14 more birthday printables to help you celebrate the big day!
My blogging friends have created some really awesome birthday activities, birthday games, and birthday decor to share with you.
To grab them all, click on each of the links below. We share a new free printable every month. Each month we have a whole new theme.
Check out our totally free printables from previous months, here.
- Multicultural kids thank you – Tried and True
- Video game birthday cards – Happy Go Lucky
- Balloon cupcake toppers – The Country Chic Cottage
- Rosette badges – Persia Lou
- Doodle flower cupcake toppers – Creatively Beth
- Birthday scavenger hunt – Fun for Litte Ones (You’re Here!)
- Birthday coloring page – Mad in Crafts
- Birthday interview – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- DIY birthday button – 100 Directions
- Birthday crossword – Crafting in the Rain
- Birthday banner – Liz on Call
- Birthday activity placemats – Hello Creative Family
- Birthday cards set – Pineapple Paper Co
- Printable cupcake / cake toppers – Brooklyn Berry Design
- Birthday banner – Everyday Party Magazine
Hope you enjoy the birthday scavenger hunt and all of the other birthday goodies!
If you have an idea or theme for free printables that we can create for you in future months, leave me a comment at the bottom of this post.
We’d love to hear your thoughts ?