These cotton candy cupcakes are sweet and delicious, and so much fun! They’ll have your kids begging for more!
Add some cotton candy to your next batch of cupcakes and watch your kids fall in love! These yummy cupcakes will quickly become one of their favorite treats.
Don’t be surprised if you fall in love too!
Planning a party? This cotton candy cupcake recipe is great for parties too! Whip some up for your child’s next party and you’ll be the coolest mom (or dad) on the block 😉
You may also want to check out these super cute Watermelon Cupcakes 🍉
Cotton Candy Cupcakes
Ingredients needed to make Cotton Candy Cupcakes
- 1 box of White cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil, and eggs (back of cake mix box)
- Food coloring: pink, blue, and purple
- 2 C unsalted sweet cream butter (softened)
- 5 C powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6-10 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Blue, pink and purple food coloring
- 1 disposable piping bag with a star piping tip
- A container of pink, blue, and purple cotton candy
- Paper straws cut in half to add the cotton candy to the cupcake
- 3 mixing bowls
Putting Together Your Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cupcake pan with liners.
- Make cake mix as directed on box for cupcakes.
- Divide the prepared cake mix into 3 small bowls.
- Add several drops of the pink food coloring in the first bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Add several drops of the blue food coloring in the second bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Add several drops of purple food coloring in the third bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Add a teaspoon in each bowl of the colored cake mix.
- Alternate spoonfuls of the colored cake mix in each of the cupcake liners.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4’s full.
- Bake in the oven for 22 minutes
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Using a stand mixer, combine all ingredients and mix on medium speed.
- Mix until you see stiffed peaks in your frosting.
- Once the frosting is made, divide equally into 3 bowls
- Add 1 drop of pink food coloring into the first bowl.
- Stir well to mix the color throughout all of the frosting.
- Add 1 drop of blue food coloring in the 2nd bowl of frosting.
- Stir to mix well.
- Add 1 drop of purple food coloring in the 3rd bowl.
- Stir to mix the color throughout the frosting.
- Scoop the pink frosting into the pastry bag on one side of the bag,
- Scoop the blue frosting into the pastry bag on another side of the pastry bag.
- Scoop the purple frosting into the remaining side of the pastry bag.
- Squeeze the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the star tip.
- Continue to push the frosting until it comes out of the tip.
- Begin to frost the cupcake working from the outside edge to the center point of the cupcake.
- Repeat on each cupcake until they are all frosted.
- Take a handful of cotton candy and push it on the top of each straw. Alternate the colors of the cotton candy onto the cupcakes.
- Push each straw down into the cupcake.