If you’re planning a shark themed birthday party or just want to make your shark-loving kid a sweet, yummy treat, these shark cupcakes are not only incredibly easy to make…
They’re SO much fun too!!
Here are some occasions shark cupcakes would be perfect for:
- A shark themed birthday party
- A pool party
- A beach party
- A Summer party
- A slumber party
- Shark Week (I almost forgot about this one)
- Just because your child would love them!
RELATED: Watermelon Cupcakes
Cupcakes are a fun and easy dessert that you can make from scratch – using your favorite recipe – or from a boxed cake mix.
Even if you’re not the greatest at baking, there’s almost no way you can mess these cupcakes up! (That’s not a challenge!)
You can even have some fun in the kitchen with your kids and bake these together. Baking is certainly a fun way to spend some quality time with your little ones.
If your child is into sharks, then they will definitely get a kick out of these super cute cupcakes!
Ready to make shark cupcakes?
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 12 cupcakes – made from your favorite recipe, boxed mix (or store bought, if you need them in a hurry)
- 2 to 3 cups of vanilla frosting in three colors: aqua blue, purple
white (We used Pillsbury Funfetti frosting)
- Fish sprinkles (Included with Aqua Blue Pillsbury Funfetti frosting)
- Black fondant
Got everything you need? Ok!
Bake your cupcakes.
Let them cool.
When your cupcakes are ready…
It’s time to decorate!
- Add about half of a cup of each color of frosting to its own piping bag.
- Snip the ends off of the piping bags (like in the picture above).
- Prepare a fourth piping bag with the open star tip.
- Slide the three other piping bags into the fourth and twist the open ends to force the frosting down into the tip.
- Pipe frosting over cupcake in a circular direction working from the inside of the cupcake towards the outer circle and back to the middle to create a peak.
- Roll your black fondant flat and cut into triangles.
- Press one triangle into each cupcake at the peak of the frosting. This will be the fin.
- For the finishing touch, decorate each cupcake with some fish sprinkles. Just spread them over the frosting. SO cute!
Now your shark cupcakes are ready for the kids to take a big bite out of them! Chomp!
Weren’t these cupcakes easy to make? I told you so!
We hope you and your family (party guests?) enjoy these yummy cupcakes just as much as we do!
If you like this recipe, please take a moment to pin it so that others can see it too! 🦈